Bvlgari History

Bvlgari, has been called “the magnificent Italian jewellery since 1884”. To celebrate 130 years Bvlgari brought out a 1 edition called the “Roma” Ring in 18k Pink Gold & Bronze Ceramic to mark this tremendous occasion.
B.zero1, the must-have Bulgari jewellery line, contains all the key elements of  BVLGARI style: the central spiral, a reinterpretation of Tubogas jewels, and two lateral rims with the double logo engraved. B.zero1 is informal and elegant at the same time. Spirals, with their movement, give the objects a peculiarity that makes them unique.

B-Zero-1-Rings (1) Bvlgari-Bvlgari (1) Bvlgari-Serpenti-300x164

The spelling of the Bulgari name has confused jewellers and people for decades…Bulgari S.p.A. is the parent company and the owner of the BVLGARI brand:

The company spelling is with a U but the Logo spelt with the V is what most people associate with. So Bulgari and Bvlgari are essentially one and the same. Based in Rome, since 1884 Bvlgari has been creating renowned fine jewellery. Today it is a global and diversified luxury brand with a product and services portfolio of jewels, watches, accessories, fragrances, hotels and resorts featuring exceptional quality, an innovative style and impeccable service.

Bulgari S.p.A. is the parent company and the owner of the BVLGARI brand: it performs coordination activities in the areas of product development, marketing, finance, information systems and management of human resources of the Bulgari Group.
It operates in the world with:

    • 41 Companies in 24 countries*
    • 3,815 employees*
    • A qualified and international distribution network of 295 stores, of which 174 are owned, operating through the travel retail and domestic channel and located in the most exclusive shopping areas in the world.


The Origins

Descending from an ancient family of Greek silversmiths, Sotirio Bulgari, the company’s founder, manufactured precious silver objects. During the late 19th century, Sotirio moved to Italy and in 1884 opened his first shop in Via Sistina, Rome. In 1905, with the help of his sons Costantino and Giorgio, he inaugurated the shop in Via Condotti, which today remains Bulgari’s flagship store köpa priligy.

In the early 20th century the two brothers developed a deep interest and expertise in precious stones, jewels and watches, gradually taking over their father’s role in the management of the business. The period immediately after the Second World War marked an important turning point in the history of Bulgari. Giorgio and Costantino decided to move away from the dominant disciplines of the French goldsmith school to create a unique style inspired by Greco-Roman classicism, the Italian Renaissance, and the 19th century Roman school of goldsmiths. By the 1950’s-60’s, the bold and innovative style of Bulgari had gained success within the jet set and movie world.

International Expansion 

With the growth of its international fame, Bulgari began its first phase of global expansion in the 1970’s, opening stores in New York, Geneva, Monte Carlo and Paris.

In 1977 Bulgari launched the BVLGARI BVLGARI watch, a worldwide success story, considered an all-time classic. Bulgari Time Neuchâtel was established in 1982, a company with the sole responsibility for the creation and production of all Bulgari watches.

In 1984 Giorgio’s sons, Paolo and Nicola Bulgari, respectively became Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the Company, while their nephew, Francesco Trapani, was appointed Chief Executive Officer.


Bulgari has been listed on the Italian Stock Exchange since 1995 with an ownership structure where the Bulgari family controlled about 51% of the capital and the remaining 49% was floating. On June 2011 Mr. Paolo Bulgari, Mr. Nicola Bulgari and Mr. Francesco Trapani have contributed and transferred to LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton S.A. the family’s majority shareholding in Bulgari S.p.A. in order to reinforce the long term development of the Bulgari Group. As for the shares held by minority stockholders, in compliance with the Italian Stock Exchange regulations LVMH has submitted a Public Purchase Offer, aiming at delisting Bulgari S.p.A, which will end on September 23rd.

Pure luxury created by the combination of precious and innovative materials and distinctive designs, for a glamorous and exciting style that fuses classic and contemporary. An unmistakable creativity that transcends time and passing trends.

Bvlgari has a huge range of collections…

They are, Allegra, Astrale, B.Zero1, Bvlgari Bvlgari, Charms, Corona, Dedicata a Venezia, Fedi, Griffe, Lucea, Marry Me, Mediterranean Eden, Monete, Parentesi, Quadrato, Sapphire Flower, Save the Children, Serpenti, Tondo, Tubogas, Octo, Diva and Intarsio

Bvlgari-Classic-300x164 Bvlgari-Creative-300x164 Bvlgari-Monete-300x164 Bvlgari-Sassi-300x164 Bvlgari-Diva-300x164 Bvlgari-MVSA



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *